Thursday, September 4, 2008

Teaching them young

I was walking down the street on the phone with my mom and completely distracted. I heard a man blow his horn at a girl running, and of course, I was infuriated. Since I was so concentrated on cursing her harasser, I wasn't paying attention to my own.

A boy, literally, he has not hit puberty yet (high pitched voice and all), was behind me saying "That's right man, blow that horn at her with her pretty hairstyle." Since I was on the phone with my mother, and I attempt to keep a clean mouth around her, I didn't get a chance to teach this small child a lesson he deserved. He had also been trying to get my attention before I was just too distracted.

Not 1 minute later, another sketch ball, old man, blew his horn at me.

I don't understand why I can't walk 3 blocks down here without being bothered by inappropriate and unwelcome advances. I'll never get used to it, and shouldn't have to.

Submitted by Anonymous